SPEAKING / WORKSHOP FACILITATION
Laura brings warmth, humor and vulnerability with a grounded practicality as a corporate trainer and executive coach.
As a speaker, Laura Gates weaves her personal journey and lessons as a leadership coach and trainer for thousands of leaders, from Silicon Valley executives, to Wall Street bankers to NASA astronauts, over the past thirty years.
Laura will inspire your team, group or conference with her direct, no-nonsense approach to leadership and life.
Past Speaking Engagements Include:
- Project Management Institute of Silicon Valley Leading Outside the Box May 2017
- Return to Work, Visa International, (with the Executive Coaching Consultancy) May 2016 SF
- Finding Purpose Through Work, Wisdompreneuers day long event, Wisdom Week, Wisdom 2.0 2016 SF
- Finding our Calling Through Work, WIN Global Women’s Leadership Conference, Rome Italy, 2015
- Wisdom 2.0 Unplugged (Esalen) co-facilitator on Finding Purpose
- Finding your Purpose; Presented to Drake High School Leadership Committee
- "Conscious Leadership: Stepping Out of Ego- to Lead with Soul.” WIN Global Leadership Conference Prague 2013
- San Rafael Leadership Institute invited speaker/facilitator
- Marin HR Forum, Marin County Women’s Commission
- California Staffing Professionals
- ARMA Houston Conference keynote speaker
- University of North Texas International Conference on Work Teams
- Pegasus Systems Thinking in Action
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- Women in Communications
- San Francisco Business and Professional Women’s Association
About Laura Gates
As a speaker and workshop facilitator, Laura consistency receives high ratings for her engagements. Laura is an Executive Coach and team building facilitator, Founder of Gates Group, LLC, a leadership coaching and mentoring company. She also consults with a variety of leadership training companies, including the Executive Coaching Consultancy, LLC (UK) and Learning as Leadership where as a founding member she's provided leadership coaching and training for over 20 years in the Learning as Leadership Egosystem® methodology.
Laura previously ran a 6-figure marketing consulting business after starting her career in Citibank’s prestigious management training program on Wall Street. Laura combines business practicality with conscious leadership in her mentoring and coaching.
Current and past clients span the globe and include NASA, Shell Oil, Capital One, AT+T, Quaker Chemical, Lexis Nexis, Hewlett Packard, McKesson, the Department of Energy, the US Navy, the Pentagon, M+T Bank, Mahindra BT, Silicon Valley Giants and venture-backed start-up CEOs, and Visa International from China, India, South America, Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia and the UK.
Laura has studied with wisdom teachers in the Mayan, Aboriginal and Native American cultures. She holds a Masters Certification in Intuition Medicine® from the Academy of Intuition Medicine®, and studied the Four Fold Way® leadership training with Angeles Arrien. She’s studied Non-Violent Communications, Rational Behavior Therapy and 360º Assessment tools and certified in Marshall Goldsmith’s Stakeholder Centered Coaching as well as ICF training. She holds a B.S. in Business from Syracuse University’s School of Management and Entrepreneurship from the San Francisco Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center.
As an executive coach and trainer, Laura has spoken before audiences of hundreds and regularly facilitates workshops for leadership teams and delivers on-site and public leadership training seminars.
Main Speaking Topics Include:
Women in Leadership- Laura came up through the ranks of Wall Street banking in NY in the 80s, ran a marketing firm catering to emerging women- owned businesses in SF in the 90s and has coached hundreds of women in the male dominated aerospace, hi tech, bio tech, pharmaceutical and sports industries. She helps her clients tap into purpose and find a unique path to owning their role as leaders.
Leading with Purpose - Drawing upon her in-depth knowledge across multiple industries working with thousands of leaders, Laura knows the pressures and demands required to lead others and navigate change. This topic covers finding our purpose, leading with purpose, and navigating dead end careers, career transitions and leaps of faith to follow what has heart and meaning.
Strategy, Creativity and Innovation - What blocks us from innovating and tapping into our creativity? How can we marry the work that brings us joy with earning a paycheck? In this talk we explore a tried and true process Laura uses with her clients to free up their creative minds for greater work and contribution.
Presentations are customized to fit your needs.
Topic and Format Options Include:
- Leading With Purpose
- Finding Your Calling at Work
- Conscious Leadership
- Navigating Transitions